Staying in Control
Responsible gaming is taken very seriously at Jackpotjoy. We want you to have a great time on the site, playing all our exciting games. You'll enjoy your play more, if you stay in control of your gaming.
It's very important to remember that you must only bet what you can afford and always set yourself sensible limits.
Play Responsibly - Set Gaming Limits
What you can do:
- If you would like to set a daily/weekly limit you can do this by setting limits on the net amount you deposit. You can set your deposit limit here.
- Account Cool off - you can take a break from the site for a period of time between 24 hours and 4 weeks during which time you cannot login to your account.
What we can do to help you:
- Jackpotjoy will close your account on your request for a minimum period of 6 months during which time it will not be possible for you to re-open your account. You can also choose to close your account permanently.
- To view a recent history of your deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Talk to Professionally Trained Staff - all Jackpotjoy staff are trained to be aware of gambling problems and are available to provide free help and support 24 hours a day.
- Our friendly Customer Support team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Know Your Limits
Jackpotjoy wants its members to enjoy playing their favourite games and gamble responsibly. However for some, gambling can become a problem.
Please read the information below. It is very important especially if you are recovering from any kind of dependency.
- Always establish limits for depositing, wagering and losses before you start playing.
- Never gamble if it interferes with your daily responsibilities.
- Never gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Never gamble if your primary aim is to recover losses.
Getting Further Help
There are many organisations that can provide help and support to individuals who develop a problem with gambling. If you feel that you may have a problem controlling your gaming we strongly recommend that you contact one of the following professional organisations for help and guidance.
We support The GREaT Foundation and make a donation annually. The GREaT Foundation co-ordinates and funds research into the prevention of problem gambling and offers support for problem gamblers.
Members can view our Responsible Gaming Policy and access the deposit control tools through the My Accounts section.
- Gamble Aware - Provides information on how to gamble responsibly and offers advice on dealing with problem gambling, please visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
- GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. You can contact GamCare on 0845 6000 133 (local rate from UK) or by visiting www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamblers Anonymous (UK) - Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to share their experiences, try and solve their common problems and thereby help others to recover from gambling problems. Gamblers Anonymous can be contacted on 020 7384 3040 (UK only) or by visiting www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
- Gamblers Anonymous International Service Office - If you live outside the UK this organisation provides details of your nearest local participating Gamblers Anonymous support group. Please visit www.gamblersanonymous.org for further details.
- GamBlock - If you wish to refrain from gambling we strongly advise you to install gambling website blocking software such as GamBlock. Please visit www.gamblock.com
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open a Jackpotjoy account.
We perform an electronic verification using a third party data reference company to validate the age and identity of all members. We reserve the right to ask for age verification information from you and suspend your account until information proving an appropriate age is provided.
If anyone is found to be under the age of 18 years old, all bets placed will become null and void and any winnings forfeited. Other legal ramifications may also apply.
If you share your computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register and place bets on our site, the following third party applications offer parents and guardians facilities to monitor and restrict the use of the computer's access to the Internet: www.icra.org, www.netnanny.com or www.cyberpatrol.com